Make an impact through Columbia.
June 08, 2017
The Columbia Commitment
Crowdfunding at Columbia is a way to engage with the University and give back in a manner of your choosing. Alumni can select projects that are most meaningful, including the BAC Scholarship Fund.
The Columbia Commitment was publicly announced by Columbia President Lee C. Bollinger on May 11th to raise $5 billion in 5 years. There are nine specific projects highlighted at The Columbia Commitment.
Among the Projects:
· How scholarship support makes an education possible (such as BAC Scholarship Fund)
· Discoveries in treating rare cancers and medication-resistant depression
· Analyzing social media as a way to intervene in gang violence
· Helping families seek asylum and a better life in the U.S.
· The Earth Institute's climate response work to save our planet
· Columbia Journalism Review's advocacy for journalistic integrity
· The importance of arts and ideas at the new Lenfest Center for the Arts
· Student-athletes and the Campbell Championship Fund
In addition to supporting projects financially, alumni may volunteer virtually as an ambassador for a specific project through the volunteer recruitment platform, Volunteer Columbia.
To learn more information you view the online FAQ.
And if you have not already done so, please give to the BAC Scholarship Fund.