The Role of Millennials in the Aftermath of Ferguson
COMMUNITY TOWN HALL MEETING
Wednesday September 17th
Columbia Law School | Room 104 | 6:30pm
Join the BAC, the Harvard Black Alumni Society of New York (HBASNY) and a Coalition of Columbia Student Organizations for a Town Hall for change.
The Town Hall will be an open forum led by a host of academics, advocacy groups, and community activists to encourage genuine dialogue and tangible action steps, while also fostering a stronger sense of community and comprehension around the issues of activism, police engagement, and change agency in a 21st century context. The evening will include an interactive panel discussion followed by breakout sessions to connect with and engage with other attendees on these issues.
- Jeffrey Fagan, Isidor and Seville Sulzbacher Professor of Law, Columbia Law School
- Ekow Yankah, Professor of Law, Cardoza Law School
- Whitney Tymas, Director of the Prosecution and Racial Justice Program, Vera Institute of Justice
- Erica Ayala, Youth Leadership Development Associate, Children’s Defense Fund
- Brandon Delesline, Multicultural Marketing Consultant